Pilot Project Assistance
A pilot project is the last major step before an organization commits to rollout BIM methodologies/workflows for use organization-wide, allowing decision makers to gauge whether the proposed solution meets the needs of organization as defined in your requirements analysis. It is the first opportunity to test the new/enhanced workflows and the technical capabilities of software/applications chosen. Through this real life operational implementation, you can assess your organization’s ability to utilize the workflows and methodologies effectively. For instance:
- The pilot may reveal a need for additional technical staff and/or user training before organization wide deployment
- As a result of lessons learned through a pilot project, your organization may want to modify or redesign existing workflow processes to take full advantage of the capabilities of the technologies
- And so on…
Pilot Projects can help to reduce the risk of investment by identifying technical risk for instance compatibility problems with existing systems and infrastructure, areas for policy and workflow issues, and information for production planning such as providing information for developing a realistic cost estimate and implementation and training schedule. A successful pilot project provides early visibility to your organization in various ways, such as:
- Conducting a highly visible pilot project will help you “pre-sell” to your staff and the benefits of its use. This will assist with organization-wide deployment of the system smoothly
- The pilot provides a tangible way of communicating the potential of the new workflows or software to those within the organization who are not yet convinced that this change is necessary or worth the effort. The results of the pilot are evidence of the system’s immediate, tangible value.
- Last but not the least, those participating in the pilot can become important advocates/champions of its use organization wide.
Typically, “Pilot Project” assistance comes bundled with the Aikomus implementation solutions; however there might be the case that some organizations would have already taken some steps into the implementation and just wants to validate their efforts before roll-out. For such cases or organizations Aikomus offers a “Standalone” Pilot Project assistance to help you validate your efforts and also in certain cases modify or tweak them if needed. Our implementation Architects and Engineers can also help you to compare and validate your workflows or efforts with the best available in the industry.